The x360Recover Analysis Tool helps determine Windows VSS readiness.
If you need to submit a RAT to Support:
When you open a support ticket for a backup issue, you may be asked to run the x360Recover Analysis Tool (RAT).
The RAT collects the x360Recover Backup Agent configuration and logs. The RAT also grabs information about Windows (including event logs) and the overall health of the system (including Microsoft VSS) and saves that information for an engineer to review when identifying potential issues.
Requirements to run the tool
In order to run this tool, the following are necessary:
- An installed x360Recover backup agent
- Powershell 2.0+
This is already installed on Server 2008 R2+ and Windows 7+
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Outbound port 2525
This is used to automatically update the ticket with the results.
- A x360Recover support ticket ID is optional and can be obtained by creating a ticket at https://axcient.com/partner-support/
What information does the tool provide?
The x360Recover Backup Analysis Tool adds the following information to the ticket:
- The x360Recover backup agent settings and logs
- OS system information
- Volume properties
- VSS settings
- The results of a Read-Only CheckDisk
- The results of a VSS Test Snapshot
- The results of a Verify-Only SFC scan (Server 2008+)
- VSS Event Information
How do I access the Backup Analysis Tool?
You can access the Backup Analysis Tool from the Appliance Web interface:
- From the Appliance Web interface, click the Protected Systems tab.
- In the Protected Systems tab, find the troubled Protected System and click the Details button.
- In the Protected Systems Details page, click the Run Analysis Tool button.
How do I find the results of the Analysis Tool?
1. To check the status of the Analysis Tool's progress, select the Jobs tab and then click Agent.
2. On the right side of the screen, a green indicator will appear under the Status column while the analysis is taking place:
3. When the analysis is complete, a green check mark will appear under the Status column:
4. To see the results of the analysis, click the green download icon under the Results column: