USB devices are not detected by virtual appliance or vault running under vmware
USB device is USB3 connected to an ESX host that supports USB3 devices
USB device does not show up in the GUI, is not mounted in /media and does not appear as a device in /dev
ESX passes the device to the virtual machine as a native USB3 device. The standard eHCI/aHCI USB Controller cannot access this device.
- Shut down the virtual appliance or vault and edit the machine settings.
- Remove the standard USB controller device and save the settings.
- Edit the machine again and add a new USB Controller device.
- Select xHCI mode to enable support for USB3 devices.
- Reboot the virtual machine and wait for x360Recover to fully load.
- Attach the USB3 disk via ESX USB pass-through and the disk should now mount normally.