What is the x360Recover Licensing Portal?
The x360Recover Licensing Portal is the central management point for all x360Recover licensing and hardware orders.
The first step in the process of becoming an Axcient x360Recover partner is to gain access to the Licensing Portal, so you can manage all of your customer licensing and accounts.
How do I get access to the Licensing Portal?
1. New partners need to complete a short training session on how to use the Licensing Portal prior to receiving login credentials.
Please contact your Axcient sales representative to schedule your session which will enable you to obtain your credentials.
2. After you complete your training and receive your login credentials, you can access the x360Recover Licensing Portal from any web browser by navigating to https://licensing.x360Recover .com
What can I do in the Licensing Portal?
From inside the Licensing Portal, you can:
- Create and manage customer accounts with their associated site locations
- Assign endpoint-based or storage-based licensing to backup appliances
- Order an Axcient x360Recover BDR appliance and have it preconfigured for a specific customer and location
- Request an Axcient hosted vault to replicate your customer data to the folder. Additionally, you are also able to replicate to a vault hosted at your own data center if you prefer.
Note: Before you can configure and deploy a new x360Recover appliance on-site for a customer, you must have already created a customer and defined at least one site location in the x360Recover Licensing Portal.
If this process is not completed, you will not see the customer or location as an available choice when you are provisioning the appliance.
The following content, and included screenshots pertain directly to NEW Axcient x360Recover partners, and existing Axcient BDR for x360Recover partners.
- Pre-merger direct x360Recover partners will be referred to as Legacy x360Recover partners throughout these articles.
- Most of this content is applicable to Legacy partners though 'Notes' which have been included to call out differences in how Legacy x360Recover partners interact with the Licensing Portal.
Accessing the Licensing Portal
To access the x360Recover Licensing Portal, use any web browser navigate to https://licensing.x360Recover .com
To log in to the x360Recover Licensing Portal:
- From the License Management window,
- In the Username field, enter the Partner Account
- In the Password field, enter the Password that was assigned to you when you completed your initial x360Recover Onboarding training session.
Note: your Partner Username and Password are case sensitive.
2. Select the Login button
- If you have not yet taken your initial training session to receive your Licensing Portal credentials, please contact your Axcient sales representative to schedule your session which will enable you to obtain your credentials.
- If you have misplaced or forgotten your password, from the License Management window,
- Click on the, "Forgot Password" link below the Login button
- Your password will be sent to the email address specified when your partner account was created.
First Time Login
1. The first time you log in to the portal, from the x360Recover License Management left pane, click the My Account drop-down menu.
2. Select Profile Details.
- From the Profile Details window:
- Enter your Address, City, and Zip Code in the corresponding fields.
- From the drop-down menu, select your Region, Country, and State.
- Enter your Email address and Billing email address for your company.
- Click the Update button to complete your Profile Details updates.
- After you have updated your Profile, it is highly recommended that you change your password at the same time.
NOTE: If you do not change your password during this initial logon process, changing it later will require you to update all deployed Vault devices with the new Partner login password.
5. From the x360Recover License Management left pane, click the My Account drop-down menu.
6. Select Change Password.
7. From the Change Password window:
- In the Old Password field, enter your Old Password.
- In the New Password field, enter a New Password that is complex, highly secure password for your Licensing Portal account.
- In the Confirm Password field, please enter this new password again.
- Click the Update button to complete.
The x360Recover User Management Pane will appear after logging on to the x360Recover Licensing Portal.
- To deploy an appliance at a new customer location so that you can begin backups, you must create a customer account within the Licensing Portal
- Add customer accounts by clicking on User Management and following the step- by-step instructions presented in the section below.
- Each customer account must have one or more locations.
- When deploying an appliance, it must be assigned to an existing customer location that is not currently in use by any other appliance.
- Each Location may contain only ONE appliance.
- You may create as many locations as necessary for each customer account.
- Do not create multiple accounts for the same customer.
- Instead, create multiple locations.
- During the initial provisioning process when deploying a new Appliance at a customer site, if there are no options available when you select “Get Customers". This means that there are no remaining customers with a location that has not been previously assigned to an appliance. In this instance, you will need to create a new customer, or add a new location to an existing customer account.
- Performing a factory reset on a deployed appliance will release the itslLocation in the License Portal to be reused by a new appliance.
Creating Your First Customer
1. Click the Add User button to create a new customer account.
The Customer Details window appears.
2. Complete the fields on the Customer Details popup window and then click the Submit button.
- The Customer\Username and locations fields may contain only letters, numbers, and underscore characters. They cannot contain spaces or other special characters.
- Enter multiple locations separated with a comma if you desire to create more than one location.
- Make a note of the customer Username and Password. These credentials will be required when logging in to any Vault to recover data for the customer.
- If you want to allow your customers to perform self-service file restores from an off-site vault, you may provide this login credential to your customer.
- Each customer within your partner account must have a unique You cannot create two customers with the same username within the licensing portal.
- Passwords may only be recovered to the email address entered.
- This email address cannot be changed later, so please make sure that it is correct.
- x360Recover highly recommends that you use an email address or distribution list at your company, and not the actual customer.
Using the Licensing Portal
Axcient x360Recover Licensing Model
There are two distinct types of licenses available for use within x360Recover:
- Endpoint licensing, and
- Storage licensing.
Each type of license is described in more detail on the next
All Axcient x360Recover licensing is based on a monthly recurring Per-Device or Per-Storage-Size
Licensing charges for storage licensing are prorated, and billed based on the date they are assigned or removed.
Licensing charges for endpoint licensing are NOT prorated, and are billed based on the number of server and workstation licenses assigned (whether they are in use or not) to all customers on the last day of the month. For example, a server license assigned on the 23rd of the month will incur billing for the entire month for that endpoint.
Note for Legacy partners: Legacy partner licensing charges are prorated from date of purchase or return. All charges are calculated based on total license count PURCHASED, regardless of whether it is assigned to a customer. To avoid charges for licenses not in use, return unused licenses by:
- Clicking on User Management,
- Select Reduce
Note: Pricing of x360Recover licensing varies based on a tiered usage scale and specific pricing will not be covered within this guide, except in general terms. Please consult the latest Axcient x360Recover Pricing Guide for current pricing on all Axcient products.
- Each endpoint license provides the right to back up a single workstation or server, referred to as a protected system.
- Endpoint licenses come in two classes: workstation, and server.
- Endpoint licenses are assigned to a location, and are consumed automatically by the appliance when an agent is installed on a protected system.
- Workstation operating systems, like Windows 10 require a workstation license, and server operating systems, like Windows Server 2012 require a server license.
- All endpoint licenses, workstation or server, include the right to replicate to an unlimited
number of off-site vaults.
- Endpoint licenses come bundled with a cloud storage allotment in the Axcient Cloud. Each server license includes 2TB. Each workstation license include 200GB. Cloud storage allotment is pooled at the partner level. The total pool size is available across all customers and devices, allocated any way you wish.
- Endpoints protected systems) that are NOT replicated to an Axcient Cloud vault are considered Local-Only. Local-Only licenses are billed at a reduced rate and do not include cloud storage.
Note for Legacy partners: All new endpoint licenses purchased through the portal will be bundled licensing with replication. Existing server-only and workstation-only licensing will continue to function as they do today, and will be billed at the existing rates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Endpoint licenses are not prorated from the date they are provisioned.
- Storage licenses provide the right to back up an unlimited number of protected systems to a single backup appliance, up to the storage limit.
- Available storage sizes are: .5TB,1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 9TB, 12TB, 15TB, 18TB, 24TB,
30TB, and 36TB.
- In addition, each storage license comes bundled with unlimited cloud storage in the Axciet data center, with a fixed retention period.
- Cloud retention options are 3 years or 10 years.
- For example, when purchasing storage-based licensing for an appliance, you might elect for 1TB of local storage with 3 years of retention in the cloud, or 2TB of local storage with 10 years retention in the cloud, etc.
- Storage licensing may be assigned to both Axcient branded BDR appliances, and Build- Your-Own appliances.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Storage licenses are prorated from the date they are provisioned.
Endpoint or Storage Licensing?
One of the most frequent questions on licensing is: Which licensing model is better?
The answer depends upon the number and size of devices that you want to license.
With Axcient x360Recover , you are free to combine both licensing models in any way you choose to best meet your needs.
Additionally, you can choose to change licensing models at a later point in time. You will have the ability to simply remove the current licenses, and reapply the license you would like to assign.
- Endpoint licensing is best suited for customer locations that have fewer protected systems with larger storage
- Storage Licensing is best suited for customer locations that have many protected systems with smaller storage
Leasing or Buying an Axcient x360Recover BDR Appliance
You can lease or buy an Axcient x360Recover BDR appliance within the x360Recover Licensing Portal.
1. Log in to the portal at https://licensing.x360Recover .com/
From the x360Recover License Management left pane menu, click Order BDR. The Order BDR window displays.
2. In the Hardware window, use the Product Type drop-down menu to select the device you want to order. For example, you can select from Eco Units, Mini Gen2 Units, or Rack Units. Additionally, Upgrade Kits are also available for purchase from this menu.
Note: Upgrade Kits are only available for the Mini Gen2 and Rack units.
3. Click the Next button when you finish making your selection.
4. In the Select a Buy Now or Leasing Option window, you can choose to purchase the device up front or lease the device for a monthly fee.
Note: If you choose to lease, you will also be prompted to agree to the Leasing Terms and Conditions.
5. Click the Next button to continue.
For warranty information, please refer to x360Recover Appliance Warranty Information.
If you have additional questions about leasing or buying an Axcient x360Recover appliance, please contact your account representative or review the full x360Recover Licensing Portal Guide for more details.