The Replibit provisioning wizard forces a change of passwords during the initial configuration and setup. You should always use highly secure passwords when configuring a Replibit device. If your device was deployed prior to Replibit version 2016.11.03, or if you wish to manually change the passwords on the device, follow the steps below:
Change Web Interface Password
- Log in to the Web Interface using any browser.
- Select the Settings menu pane.
- Select Change Password.
- Enter current password and then enter the new password in each box.
- Click Apply.
Change Shell User Password
- Log in to the Console using the replibit user account.
- Run changepasswd.
- Enter the new password for the Replibit user.
- Enter the new password one more time.
Change Shell Root User Password
- Contact Axcient Replibit Support for assistance logging in as root.
Note: Support cannot give out the default root user password.
- Run passwd.
- Enter the new password for the Root user.
NOTE: Deploying devices with weak passwords is a serious security risk for both you and your customers. It is always best practice to deploy Replibit devices behind a hardware firewall.