Enabling NFS Exports allows remote systems to connect to the appliance and mount the Export folder using the network file system protocol. NFS connections are secured by host IP address. Using NFS Exports, you can easily connect your VMware, Hyper-V or other hypervisor server to the Replibit appliance or vault in order to transfer Exported Protected Systems disks for recovery.
To enable NFS Exports:
- In the Appliance menu pane, click NFS Exports.
You will see a list of existing NFS Exports.
- Click to select the Enable NFS Exports checkbox.
- Click the Add Allowed IP button and enter the IP address of the host.
- To mount the NFS folders from a client, enter the IP address of the Appliance and the shared folder path you wish to mount to the NFS client.
- On an Appliance, the shared folder path is /export/admin.
- On a Vault the shared folder path is /export/<Username> where <Username> is the login name of the Customer whose data you are recovering.
- To remove a host from the access list, click the Delete button for the host in the Actions menu.
For information on recovering to VMware or Hyper-V using NFS, please review the Disaster Recovery article.