Axcient Replibit Version 2017.04.24
Important Service Advisories for our Partners:
- Partners will need to check their ‘auto-update’ settings on each Appliance and Vault to ensure that they receive this latest update.
- Installation of this patch must be performed across *ALL* Appliances that perform replication to a Vault, and *ALL* Vaults.
- Replication between two devices on different software versions will not function until both devices are updated to this patch.
- NOTE: If a Partner has an Axcient Vault or GMP, and auto-updates are not enabled, Axcient will be initiating an update on June 9th, 2017. Please ensure that your Partners’ Appliances and Vaults are on the same version by June 9th, 2017 to avoid any interruption in replication! If Partners need any assistance, they should open a ticket at https://axcient.com/partner-support/
May 9, 2017 Release—Features & Enhancements:
Axcient Replibit is pleased to announce the latest release patch. This update includes a significantly enhanced replication engine that has been streamlined to provide better performance, and reliability. Interrupted snapshot transfers will no longer start transferring again from the beginning, but will instead be resumed from the point where they left off.
How does this impact our Partners?
- USB seeding should no longer be necessary for anything except the largest protected systems for customers with reasonable Internet upload speeds.
- Even very large base images should be able to replicate over the Internet (as interrupted transfers will no longer prevent these transfers from completing).
- Additionally, this version of Replibit now supports replication to multiple Vaults. Each Protected System can now optionally be replicated to multiple destinations; Axcient Replibit Partners may now offer multiple off-site redundancy to their customers.
- When viewing Vault Replication from the Jobs tab, jobs will not be reported as complete until they have been fully consumed by the Vault.
- Pending jobs will appear as ‘Running’ until Vault ingestion is completed (hover the mouse over the status icon for more info).
- Replication Engine Enhancements
- Multiple-Vault Replication Support
- Enhancements to Replication Job Logs
- Added a Replication Status page on GMP
- Enforcement of Vault Retention Policy when using Storage-Based Licensing
- Elimination of TCP port 22 requirements on vault for replication
- ConnectWise Integration for In-The-Cloud, and On-Remise Deployments
- Resolved Password issue when setting a password using Special Characters
- Minor backend Bug/GUI fixes and Enhancement
- Agent update (manual install) to fix SQL and Exchange