End users can use the end user web portal to monitor their files, folders, and Team Shares. For example, they can use the Activity Log page, the File Reports page, and the Shares page to keep track of file listings and activity that affects synced and shared content.
With the file report, you can generate reports for all of your files and export the report to your local machine. This feature is especially useful when you need to understand activity within a certain folder or Team Share. Use the File Report page in the web portal to generate these reports.
With the activity log, you can track all usage across the system, view audit trails, and track activity on Team Share users and guest accounts. For example, if you need to monitor guest activity within a shared folder, you can filter the activity log to view only modifications made by a specific guest user. Use the Activity Log page in the web portal to filter activity based on a set of criteria.
You can also reference the Shares tab to view detailed information about shared items, including Team Shares and share links. While in this tab, you can even turn on the Daily Digest email option to receive a daily email notification about events that occurred within a specific Team Share.
How to View File Reports
The File Reports page allows you to keep track of all of your content in the system from one central location. In the File Reports page, you can filter by a specific folder or Team Share. You can then view the files within the folder, the date that each file was modified, and the size of the file.
To view file reports:
- In the web portal, click the File Reports tab. The File Reports page displays.
- In the File Reports page, use the Show Reports For drop-down menu to filter files within a specific folder or Team Share. The page refreshes to show files based on your selection. The information displayed for each file includes:
- Found In—the folder in which the file is located.
- File—the path and the file name.
- Modified—the date the file was modified.
- Size—the size of the file.
How to Track Activity using the Activity Log
The Activity Log page allows you to track activity across the system from one central location. Using the Activity Log page, you can track usage, view audit trails, and follow activity on Team Share users and guest accounts. You can even export the log to your local machine.
To track activity:
- In the web portal, click the Activity Log tab. The Activity Log page displays.
- In the Activity Log page, use the drop-down menus to filter activity based on a set of criteria, including:
- The Show Activity In drop-down menu, where you can select which folder or Team Share you want to track.
- The with activity type of drop-down menu, where you can select the type of activity you want to track.
- The between date fields, where you can enter the date on which the activity occurred.
- The Show Activity By drop-down menu, where you can select the user who performed the activity. For example, you can select a guest account that you created, allowing you to track his or her activity.
- The filename contains textbox, where you can enter at a set of characters that should be included in the search.
Tracking Shared Items
You can also track Team Shares and share links in the Shares tab of the web portal.
To track Team Shares as an end user:
- In the web portal, click the Shares tab.
- Click the Team Shares button to access controls that allow you to create, view and edit Team Shares.
- Optionally, click the arrow to expand a Team Share.
- Click the On button to receive a Daily Digest email for the selected Team Share. A Daily Digest email will outline detailed information about events that occurred within the Team Share, including a list of files that were added or modified, when the event occurred, and the user who performed the action. You will receive a daily email until you turn off the Daily Digest option.
Last Updated: August 2017