This article presents the procedure for restoring data using the File Manager Utility.
This article assumes the following:
- The passphrase used to encrypt the data is known or there is an active established profile used to backup the data originally on the system where the restore is taking place.
CAUTION: If the purpose of the restore is to recover a system after a catastrophic failure or system refresh the following article is strongly encouraged to be referenced during the restore process:
PLEASE READ: How do I restore my data and continue incremental backups after my computer crashes?
1. Open the Online Backup Manager and select File Manager in the Control Panel page.
2. Select the desired back up location from the drop-down menu in the Server field. You can chose from the destinations that you have defined on the Remote Server, Local Server or Local Disk fields of the My Account page in the Backup Manager. Then click Next >. Note: You can enter the user name and password for any account on the Web Portal, not just the account for the local computer.
3. Click the Restore Data button.
NOTE: If restoring data to a server other than the one that created the initial backup, you will be prompted to enter the Axcient account password. Enter the password; then click OK.
4. Select the folders and/or files to be restored. Then click Next.
Note: You can right click on any file and select Versions to have the option to Open, Save or Destroy any of the versions of the file.
Select the options you want on the Restore Data: Options page:
The Restore Data Options screen asks you to select how existing files should be treated during the restore operation. Make the selections you desire.
5. The Backup Manager creates a listing of the files you have selected to be restored for your final verification. While this list is being created, an option Proceed to the next step without confirmation is available. If you select this option, the restore procedure will automatically start to restore the selected files when the file list has been created.
6. After the file listing has been created, review the files marked for restoration to be sure you want to restore these files. You can modify the selection criteria by selecting the <Back button.
7. Click the Restore> button when you are ready to initiate the restoration process for the files in the list.
NOTE: If restoring data to a server other than the one that created the initial backup, you will be prompted to enter the Axcient account passphrase associated with the data that was backed up. Enter the passphrase; then click OK.
CAUTION: As stated before, if the purpose of the restore is to recover a system after a catastrophic failure or system refresh the following article is strongly encouraged to be used during the restore process: How do I restore my data and continue incremental backups after my computer crashes?
- After the files are restored, a window will display the results of the operation.
- Select Start Over to repeat the process or Exit to finish.