In Axcient's Backup Portal, each machine in your ShadowProtect Backup List includes an operating system designation as either “server” or “desktop”.
- When a new machine is backed up by ShadowProtect to the Axcient cloud, that machine’s default OS type is “server”.
- Since your OS type affects both your customer billing (via PSA or Excel report) and your monthly Axcient invoice, it is important to keep your machine OS assignments current.
If you have backed up desktops or workstations to the Axcient cloud, you will need to manually change their OS type from server to desktop.
These instructions will explain how to change an OS from the "server" default to "desktop":
The ShadowProtect Backup List within the Axcient Backup portal displays Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect machines which are (a) replicated to an Axcient cloud VM or (b) backed up using Axcient's OBM software.
Note: To see the ShadowProtect Backup List, you must be running the current version of Axcient's Online Backup Manager (OBM); v3.14.0 or above. To check your version, visit the OBM download site
- In Axcient's Backup Portal, each machine in the ShadowProtect Backup List includes an operating system designation as either “server” or “desktop”.
- At this time, we are unable to automatically differentiate between the operating system (OS) types used by various backed-up Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect machines.
- Axcient's prices and bundled cloud storage backup offerings vary, based on whether an operating system is server or desktop, so please ensure that the OS type for each Axcient BDR for ShadowProtect machine is set correctly.
You can manually change a machine’s OS status by following this procedure:
1. Log in to the Axcient Backup Portal.
2. Navigate to Accounts> Account Center (Visual View):
3. Hover over the desired account and right click on Service Plan> ShadowProtect Backup List:
4. The ShadowProtect Backup List will appear, displaying the current name, OS type and data reports for each backed up machine.
Notice that the name for this machine is “DESKTOP” but the OS type is “server”.
Note: To see the ShadowProtect Backup List, you must be running the current version of Axcient's Online Backup Manager (OBM); v3.14.0 or above. To check your version, visit the OBM download site.
- Change the OS designation for this machine by checking the Name checkbox, next to “DESKTOP”.
Then, click the Set Selected as Destop button.
A confirmation message will appear when the OS assignment has been changed. You will also see that both the name for this machine and the OS Type are now “desktop”.