x360Sync Version 2.4.0
LAN Sync, Web Preview, ConnectWise Billing Integration, OS X El Capitan Support, Outlook Plugin Code Refactoring, Granular Auditing/Tracking/Alerting/Reporting Improvements, Fixes and more!
We’re excited to announce our newest release of x360Sync, version 2.4.0, with exciting new features, enhancements, bug fixes, and more. These additions include the following:
MAJOR NEW FEATURES:
End users who work within a Local Area Network now have the option to enable LAN Sync through their agent's Properties dialogue box.
Web Preview (US SaaS)
When working within the web portal (browsing files and accessing shares), end users can now view dozens of document and image file types through a feature-rich immersive HTML5 file viewer.
ConnectWise Billing Integration
x360Sync's integration with ConnectWise now allows administrators to systematize their billing process related to accounts, total storage, or whether File Server Enablement is being utilized.
Full Support for OS X El Capitan
NEW FEATURES RELATED TO WEB UI:
- Drag and drop functionality for moving files and folders within the Web.
- Multi-select in Web File Browser — Users can now take mass action on content.
- Items Shared With Me List Improvements — In the Shares tab of the web portal, Shared With You list items are now hidden when the end user no longer has access. Additionally, these shared items are now sorted from newest to oldest.
- Users can now upload entire folder structures using Google Chrome.
NEW FEATURES RELATED TO GRANULAR AUDITING, ACTIVITY TRACKING, ALERTING, AND REPORTING:
Enhanced Persons Report — the Persons report that can be generated from the administrative web portal is now enhanced to include organization name, backup subscriptions, and information related to guest accounts.
- More detailed machine health and backup reports, and usage information is now included in reports.
- Reports can now be downloaded or emailed in Excel or CSV file format in addition to current PDF format.
- Additional log activity on backups — in the Activity Log page, administrators can now view information on which accounts deactivated a backup, and whether or not the backup is web-only.
- Administrators can now search and track share link activity.
- Improved formatting in the Bandwidth Over Time widget.
- New Activity Alert to report when an email server is changed for an organization.
- Expose custom email server errors in the web UI.
- Cleaned up debug messages in Logs.
OTHER NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Improved formatting of System Setting Alert during x360Sync server installation.
- Leading and trailing periods are no longer allowed when naming Team Shares.
- New loading indicator when sending share links from the Web.
- Installer now removes existing installation files before installation.
- New Tooltip Description added to Password Expires field.
- Send Message button now displays correctly when the Let Organization Admins Create Users policy is disabled.
- System administrators can now create organizations regardless of organization policy settings.
- File locking for users now included in the Create Org Command API.
- WebDAV subscriptions are now enabled by default for externally invited Team Share subscribers.
- Groups are now included in CSV imports.
- Updates to 3rd Party Libraries and Tools.
- OS X Agent Properties dialogue box now opens after hiding desktop icon.
- File Server Enablement mappings now display correctly in all cases.
- Date Created time stamps display correctly when modifying a file in the agent.
- Credentials preserved when configuring File Server Enablement on a network path.
- Mobile device no longer remains registered after unlinking from the Web Portal.
- Machine Name drop down now shows the correct file size.
- Common and branded icons now split into separate bundles — now icons such as the agent's sync conflict warning will always be displayed.
- Revisions now sync up without delay for .doc files.
- Agent now correctly displays user quota when user is above quota.
- Hostname field is now marked as required.
- Download as Zip now performs as expected in supported versions of IE.
- Change Password field no longer accepts integers less than or equal to 0.
OUTLOOK PLUGIN ENHANCEMENTS:
- Complete code refactoring.
- Numerous Outlook Plugin crash fixes that occurred intermittently, and occasionally when closing Outlook.
- Forwarded attachments correctly convert to share links dependent upon policy configuration.
- Outlook add-in no longer generates two attachments when automatically converting a local attachment.
- Copy and paste .msg files automatically convert to share links when "Always" policy is set.
For more details, please navigate through the hyperlinks above to our knowledgebase articles on each of these features.
Please contact Support if you have any questions about these new features.