The following is information on how to perform a system migration. Please note, however, that it is important to first contact Axcient Support so that we can assist with this process.
To prepare for the migration:
- Stop the PostgreSQL 9.1 service and stop the x360Sync Server service.
- Copy your entire PostgreSQL9.1 folder (default location is C:\PostgreSQL9.1) and both your File Store and DB Store to the new machine. Your file store was chosen during system setup and your DB store is located by default in C:\x360Sync Server\store_1. For example, you might copy:
- C:\x360Sync Server\store_1\
- D:\User defined file store\
- Make sure that your PostgreSQL9.1 folder and your x360Sync Server folder are placed on a drive letter and path that matches your previous installation (for example, C:\). We recommend that you place your file store in a path that matches your previous installation (for example, D:\) since changing this will require modification of the PostgreSQL9.1 database.
- Create a user in Windows with the same username and password of the PostgreSQL user. Then, give this user Full Control to PostgreSQL 9.1 folder before attempting the install.
Note: Your PostgreSQL user password is listed in the [portal] section of your x360Sync config.ini file ([target drive]:\x360Sync Server\conf\config.ini).
- Install the x360Sync Server; it should detect the PostgreSQL9.1 database. Select, Yes, I would like to use the existing database and complete your installation.
- If you had previously configured SSL for WebDAV or Apache, copy your previous SSL certificates over to the new server. For example:
- C:\x360Sync Server\conf\*
- Restart the x360Sync Server service, attempt to connect to localhost, and attempt to upload files to the web portal. If all of these steps are successful, your migration is complete.
- You can now point the DNS record from the old server to the new server.