Occasionally (but very rarely) you may encounter certain bugs or errors that are difficult for us to reproduce or track down. This document describes how you can prepare additional information for our support team for better analysis of the issue if the need arises.
This section will describe how to create a mini-dump file, which can be used by our support team is identify the issue with much better precision. Please follow these steps to create a mini-dump file:
- Start menu. Run. Type "drwtsn32" and hit enter.
- Make sure "Dump Symbol Table," "Dump All Thread Contexts," and "Create Crash Dump File" are checked. Make sure the crash dump type is set to Mini. Remember the filename specified in the "Crash Dump" field -- you may want to change it to something easier to remember, such as "C:\User.dmp"
- Click OK to close Dr. Watson.
- Open task manager and go to the Processes tab. Find eFolderClient.exe (or whatever is appropriate for your brand) and note the value of its PID.
- Start menu. Run. Type "drwtsn32 -p PID" where PID is replaced with the PID (number) of the eFolderClient.exe process.
- It will generate the crash dump file in the location specified on the Dr. Watson option screen. You should create or reply to a ticket and attach this file. Please also include the software version information found on the "Help menu, About..." dialog.
We apologize you are experiencing an issue with our software, and we will work with you to resolve the issue quickly.