x360Recover Release Information
12/21/2017 - 1/4/2018
Summary: From Thursday 12/21/2017 through Thursday 1/4/2018, Axcient will be releasing an update to x360Recover Appliances, Vaults and GMPs.
The main purpose of the release is to update SSD firmware for x360Recover Nano, Mini, Pro and Rack All-SSD BDR appliances. This update also includes a series of bug fixes and minor enhancements.
SSD Firmware Upgrade
- x360Recover all-SSD BDR appliances use top of the line SSD drives. An important firmware update was recently released by the SSD manufacturer that improves drive integrity over time.
- When applied, SSDs matching of a specific model will be updated in Nano, Mini, Pro and Rack BDR appliances. x360Recover hybrid appliances will not be updated.
- Allow backup to continue when Appliance's ZFS pool is in Degraded state
- Previously, if the ZFS pool was degraded due to a failed hard drive or other reason backups would only occur if manually triggered. With this update, backups will continue even while the pool is degraded.
General Bug fixes
- Do not reboot on failed update – Appliances will no longer be rebooted in the unlikely event that an update fails
- Axcient vaults need ZFS import task after DiskManager decrypts the drives.
- Sometimes after reboots the pool is not automatically imported. This issue is resolved.
- Create ZFS dataset for user fails when dataset already exists
- Some new replication jobs would fail to ingest the seed with an error getting the seed password. This issue is resolved.
- Mount encrypted snapshot fails if password include quotes (and potentially another characters)
- Automatically restart Backup Manager job if it dies
Boot VM Bug fixes
- Boot VM Password does not escape correctly
- If characters from the extended character map such as ×ØÂ½úýā existed in the BootVM password, then the x360Recover Boot VM check would silently fail. This issue has been corrected so that Boot VM starts correctly if these characters exist in the password.
- Boot VM check script timeout starting vm.
- On busy Appliances Boot VM checks timeout when starting the virtual machine. This causes Boot VMs to not appear in the UI. The issue is resolved.
- Boot VM Checks broken on Vaults
- Boot VM screenshots from private vaults are now appropriately displayed in GMPs