Replibit Release Information
1/16/2018 – 1/23/2018
From Tuesday 1/16/2018 through Tuesday 1/23/2018, Axcient will be releasing an update to Replibit Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals.
The fundamental intent of the release is to enhance Replibit’s Chain-Free Backup Technology™ by deduplicating additional full backups to prevent data reseeds.
Additionally, this update includes: security improvements, minor bug fixes, and enhancements.
New Feature - Product Differentiator
- Enhanced Chain-Free Backup Technology™ to deduplicate additional full backups and prevent data reseeds:
- Once the initial backup is taken for a given protected system, if another “full backup” is taken for the protected system (because an administrator requested a full backup from the user interface, the protected server was restored from a recovery point, the size or geometry of a volume changed, or for any other reason (such as: “.bin” files are reset), this will not result in duplicate data being stored on the appliance.
- Instead, the appliance will deduplicate identical blocks between the most current restore point, and the newly requested “full backup,” and only new blocks will be stored on the appliance.
- This means that any subsequent “full backups” taken for a given protected system will only result in an incremental amount of changes being stored on the appliance while also verifying the integrity of every other block referenced by the full backup.
- This will dramatically reduce the storage space used on an Appliance when multiple “full backups” are taken for a given protected system, and will eliminate the need for MSPs to re-upload or re-seed data after taking new backups, after restoring a system from a recovery point, or in other scenarios when a full backup is taken.
- Improved Replication for new installations:
- New Replibit Appliance installations will benefit from updates to our Vault transfer client which replicates data from Replibit Appliances to Axcient Cloud Vaults. Existing installations will benefit from this change in a future Replibit release.
- Replace ‘machine name’ in ConnectWise tickets with the actual Appliance/Vault name:
- Our alerting system will now create ConnectWise tickets with a real (actual) machine name instead of the generic term, ‘Machine Name’.
- The alerts/ConnectWise tickets will have this new format:
- "<title> for PS <ps_name> in <hostname> (<occurrences>)".
- Here is an example of the new format versus the old alerts:
- Old: “96% of the storage space is used for *Machine Name* - (3142 occurrences)”
- New: “96% of the storage space is used for *Desktop-1234567* - (3142 occurrences)”
- This will enable Partners to perform more sophisticated ticket sorting and rules within ConnectWise based on specific endpoint machine names.
- Security enhancements:
General Bug Fixes
- Auto-update reliability improvements
- Auto-update is now more reliable and randomly occurs within hourly update windows.
- Data Migration fixed for missing non-essential data
- Previously data migrations would not completely run if some non-essential data values are missing from the database. This is now resolved.