The Direct-to-Cloud agent can be silently deployed through RMM or other tools.
The latest agent installer has been packaged as a standard Windows Installer .MSI package.
Download the installer file
You can download the Direct-to-Cloud installer package from the Users page located on the vault. The installer provides a specially-named file intended for download. The installer file name contains an identity token, defining which client this agent will register. This file name should not be changed.
Example installer file name:
Note: This download file can be used for 14 days and then another new file can be downloaded, whenever needed.
Configure custom properties
In order to perform an automated installation, custom properties must be set when calling the Windows Installer in order to configure the agent settings.
To perform a silent installation of the x360Recover agent, use MSIEXEC as follows:
|msiexec /i <installer file name> /quiet|
Optional parameters include:
- PASSWORD=<encryption passphrase>
Note: The SERVER parameter is not used.
EXAMPLE: [Brackets] indicate optional commands
msiexec /i <installer file name> /quiet [BACKUP_VOLUMES=<DRV>,<DRV>…] [PASSWORD=<encryption password>]
msiexec /i agentSetup-dataprotection-acme123-1150ba6723.msi /quiet BACKUP_VOLUMES=C,D,E PASSWORD=password123
- See x360Recover Best Practices for guidelines, and recommendations when deploying agents.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.