After 8.23.21, this knowledgebase is moving to help.axcient.com
Please replace your bookmarks as this site will not be available after 8.23.21.
April 21, 2021
x360Recover 10.7.0 is a feature release.
The primary focus of this release is to provide new features to streamline management and recoverability for protected systems.
Requirements to secure outbound networks
If your security policies require that you explicitly enable all outbound internet traffic, this release will require additional firewall configuration for your x360Recover devices. All x360Recover devices must be able to communicate outbound on port TCP/2222 (ssh) - Distributed Tunnel Service to site rb-prd-slcflow.slc.efscloud.net (220.127.116.11).
Summary of new features
- Instantly export Virtual Disk images and make them available for immediate download. (Read-only in this release.)
- Create Direct-to-Cloud client accounts from the vault without having to login to License Portal
- Enable access to the Web UI from Remote Manager with single sign on
- Automatically inject drivers when enabling VirtIO to eliminate the manual driver installation process
- Allow running Boot VM checks with VirtIO enabled
- Automatically remove incompatible XenServer drivers when virtualizing (Supports Booting Xen Guests)
- Automatically assign correct IP address to guest when virtualizing in Live mode
- Default Remote Assist duration set to 14 days (Also affects Auto Enable Remote Assist on Upgrade)
- Current Activity (backups, replications, etc.) sent to Remote Manager during heartbeat process
- User’s page renamed to Clients on vault to match Remote Manager
- Direct-to-Cloud agent download dialog added in preparation for release of future agent versions
- Backend components added for future Recovery Center operation
- Filter by Clients added to Jobs page
Summary of bug fixes
- Extended retry timeout while applying patches during upgrade process
- Fixed improperly destroying and recreating tunnel connections when starting or stopping tunnel service
- Fixed issue with failed backup where if a single transmission thread fails, then retry thread
- Fixed sync error with License Portal if client has no locations defined
- Fixed multiple issues with backend tunnel service causing performance problems
- Fixed issue with full backups resuming outside of scheduled interval
- Removed Xenial-Proposed from the list of package repositories
- Fixed Protected system on appliance not shown in GMP if Cloud-Only instance also exists
- Fixed Summary not sent to Remote Manager for failed Direct to Cloud backups
- Fixed D2C backup schedule is assigned to Non-D2C Protected System after migration to another vault
- Fixed missing volume files are not moved to oldfiles folder on self hosted vaults for D2C endpoints
- Removed invalid ‘password will be stored in plain text’ warning from UI (This warning was never true)
- Fixed Direct-to-Cloud endpoints show incorrect location on self-hosted vaults
- Added retries in case mounted snapshot fails to be dismounted on request
- Removed attempted pop-up windows to open terminal on StartVM is connected from Remote Manager
- Changed default compression level in file browser when downloading multiple files to improve performance
- Fixed error in data collection on GMP causing some vault usage information to be skipped
- Windows Server 2003 virtualization
There is an issue with a new feature in this release that affects Windows Server 2003 only. To update the IP address in a running virtual machine in Live Mode, a service (axnicpersist) is injected into the system at boot time to perform these changes as the system starts. On Windows 2003, this service fails and repeatedly disables and enables the network adapter every 30 seconds or so. To work around this issue, simply stop and disable the axnicpersist service. This issue will be resolved in the next release.
- NFS exports
With the new instant virtualization feature for virtual disk exports in this version, the generated virtual disks are currently read-only in this release. This means that the virtual disk cannot be used for live virtualization (for example, on an ESX host) directly from the appliance as in previous releases. You must copy the virtual disk to a read/write storage location first. Instant export virtual disks will be read/write in a future release to return this functionality. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.