2/22/2018 through 3/02/2018
From Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 (02/20/2018) through Friday, March 2nd, 2018 (03/02/2018), Axcient will release an update to x360Recover-Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals (GMPs).
The main purpose of the release is to resolve issues introduced in the most recent x360Recover release (v2018.01.23).
Hotfix Issues Resolved
Issue with x360Recover Appliances when a drive was previously replaced:
- Partners that recently replaced one or more storage hard drives within their local hardware appliance, may have experienced an issue after applying the v2018.01.23 update where the storage pool appears offline. This update fixes the issue.
- Under certain conditions, the previous x360Recover update intermittently failed during the update process. This update fixes the configuration, and adds additional checks to prevent an upgrade failure.
- The previous x360Recover update failed due to incorrect code version packages. This update fixes and validates the configuration before an upgrade to prevent a failure.
- The previous x360Recover update failed under certain conditions due to critical file I/O latencies. This update provides a graceful back-off and retry logic to prevent a failure.
Issue with OS logs overflow which causes performance issues:
- Partners on an occasional basis experienced performance issues with the x360Recover software when the OS logs grew too large. This update modifies the log rotation, and adds utilization triggers to prevent the OS logs from growing too large.
Bug Fixes (general)
- NTP times-sync on boot which will fix some backup issues and snapshot name issues
- Minor bug fixes