x360Sync Version 188.8.131.520
|Update: The release of x360Sync version 2.6.1 to worldwide private cloud partners was delayed so that we could refine the significant number of database updates included in this release, and address the necessary stabilization of our application servers to better handle upgraded desktop clients on SaaS. To review the complete set of release notes for x360Sync 2.6.1 Private Cloud, please reference the x360Sync Version 2.6.1 Private Cloud Release Notes article.|
Axcient is pleased to announce x360Sync v2.6.1, our latest release of x360Sync, which includes a new desktop client, important improvements and updates related to performance, scalability, security and user experience.
- The new desktop client will no longer support Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion operating systems.
- Previous versions of the desktop client did not properly detect file collisions. With the new desktop client, users might encounter an increased number of sync warnings as these collisions start to register. For instructions on helping end users resolve collisions, please reference the Resolving a File Sync Warning Knowledgebase article.
- As a reminder, when an item is purged from the system, it cannot be restored. The Axcient team cannot perform restore operations on purged data (files, folders, revisions) or containers (organizations). For instructions on preventing users from purging data, please reference our Preventing Users from Deleting Data Knowledgebase article.
- PDF documents previewed on the web will now open in the native web browser tools.
New Desktop Client
- New user interface and redesigned experience helps guide users to be more productive
- New widget with dynamic buttons for pause/resume and register/unregister
- New Warning tab helps end users resolve sync issues and stay up-to-date
- New file lock warning message now displays when users attempt to access a locked file
- Auto-locking prompts are redesigned and improved to help users avoid sync conflicts and data sprawl
- Auto-locking now supports .PPT, .PPTX, and .ODP file formats
- English, German, French, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Dutch language options are now available in the desktop client
- The Collaborative Web Editor is now available through the desktop client right-click content menu
- Updated right-click context menu icons in Windows explorer and macOS finder
Note: Certain Windows machines might require a reboot.
- Registration wizard will no longer auto-launch after installation via unattended mode
- Registration wizard will auto-launch when application icon is double clicked for clients that are not registered
- Auto-locking no longer affects backup roots in certain edge cases
- Auto-lock duration configuration persists through system reboots and no longer requires reconfiguration
- Foundation now exists to migrate rootstores from SQLite to PostgreSQL and back
- Files and folders will no longer recreate in original location after a move or delete
- Restore Deleted, Revision Rollback, and Snapshot functions are improved to account for certain conditions when a date range is specified
- Get Logs function is now more reliable
- Dialogs for all irreversible deletion operations are improved for user education
- Dutch language option is now available in the web
- Reporting is improved for better accuracy of user counts and top bandwidth machines
- Password complexity compliance errors will no longer throw a 500 error in the web
- ConnectWise Billing Agreement dropdown is now propagating properly
- Autotask account dropdown experience is now a search and suggest method
- File uploads with special characters are now handled better
- Share links are now generated via https by default and are aware of port configurations for certain private cloud instances
- Password reset workflow is improved for simplicity and security
If you would like to learn more, we invite you to sign up for one-on-one training.