|Note: The 2.6.1 desktop client provides information to better support the administration of file sync warnings. With this updated desktop client, you might notice additional file sync warnings that register through the desktop client. Folder Not Accessible is one of these warnings.|
The SYSTEM user must be given Full Control permissions for files and folders to properly sync within the desktop client’s synced folder. If the SYSTEM user does not have correct permissions to a file or folder, the following warnings will register:
Folder Permission Warnings
If a folder does not have the correct SYSTEM permissions, a Folder Not Accessible file sync warning generates in the Warnings tab of the Preferences dialog box.
Clicking the Resolve link provides the following description of the warning message:
You don’t have the right permissions to sync this folder.
File Permission Warnings
If a file does not have the correct SYSTEM permission, it displays as an excluded file in the Overview tab of the Preferences dialog box.
Instructions for Updating SYSTEM Permissions
Please note that when you see these warning indicators, the desktop client is still syncing and backing up all other content as expected.
To assign full permissions to the SYSTEM user:
- Right-click the affected file or folder and select Properties. The Properties dialog box displays.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Security The Security tab displays, listing all users with access.
- In the Security tab, click the Edit button. The Security dialog box displays.
- In the Security dialog box, click the Add button.
- In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, enter SYSTEM in the Object Name field and then click the Check Names button to confirm.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
- Back in the Security dialog box, click the Allow checkbox adjacent to the Full Control permission setting, and then click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button to close the Properties dialog box.
After changing these permissions, it could take up to an hour for the agent to resync the file or folder. Alternatively, you can restart the sync service using services.msc to force an immediate rescan.
Important: If you are unable to edit permissions, contact your system administrator.