This article will provide the procedures for identifying the version of code for your Axcient agent, and will describe the steps to perform if you are on a "Legacy"* version.
Note: Agents installed prior to May 2017 are now referred to as “Legacy” versions of the agent.
- It is important that any "Legacy" agents are updated to our current version in order to fix known issues.
- As part of appliance Release v6.0.1 or date-based version (v2018.04.25), any "Legacy" versions of the agent will automatically be updated to Agent v1.19*.
*Protected systems running Windows Server 2003 R2 or earlier will not be updated.
Legacy agents can be identified as follows:
- Version information in Control Panel will either be blank, or display 2016.40.xx as showing below:
Others ways to determine the version of your agent:
- Installer file name is ‘Setup.exe’
- UEFI support was installed separately using ‘Setup_UEFI.exe’
Recent versions of the agent have a version number of 1.x.x;
Agent 1.19.x and newer will report agent version information to the Protected System Control Panel (local endpoint).
Optional ways to check:
- Installer file name is ‘Setup.exe’ UEFI support was installed separately using ‘Setup_UEFI.exe’
- Agent Version on the Health Report page in the GMP (only versions >1.19.x will display)
- Agent Version on the ‘Backup Status’ page in the GMP (only versions >1.19.x will display)
If your appliance is running v2018.04.25 or later, then all protected systems backing up to that appliance should be running agent v1.10 or higher.
Steps to perform if agent is not 1.10 or higher (legacy agent)
If your protected system is still running a "Legacy" version of the agent after the appliance updates, please follow these steps:
- Reboot the protected systems, and re-check the agent version.
- If the agent version is still reporting a "Legacy" version of the agent, and not v1.10 or higher, please contact Axcient Support to troubleshoot.