05/03/2018 - 05/22/2018
From Thursday, May 3rd, 2018 (05/03/2018) through Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 (5/22/2018), Axcient will release an update to x360Recover Appliances, Vaults, and Global Management Portals (GMPs).
The main purpose of this release is to introduce: Remote Assist, an Enhanced Migration Engine, an updated File Browser, and the Remote Assist using semantic versioning.
This is the first Release with the new versioning scheme beginning with v6.0.0 based on semantic versioning. Any system on the older versioning scheme will first update to v6.0.0 before upgrading to any future releases.
- Partners need to ensure that appliances have outbound TCP access on port 9081, and vaults can receive TCP connections on port 9081 (only third-party firewalls need to be updated).
- Enhanced diagnostic and Support experience through Remote Assist.
- Based on Partner choice in the GUI, this feature allows Support Engineers to diagnose, triage, and fix issues with x360Recover devices (Vaults, GMPs, or Appliances) remotely without Partner intervention.
- Enhanced Migration Engine with added resiliency during appliance->appliance migration and vault->vault migration.
- Support for migration of the Vault settings if the Vault configuration is accurate.
- Support for resumable USB migration.
Updated File Browser
- Updated File Browser utility to provide granular restores.
- Support for folder level restores.
- Partners can replace a disk failed by zfs using the GUI.
- Alerts will now occur only when a status changes, not recreated every time a test occurs.
- Vault transfers in progress are no longer interrupted/restarted when there is a change in Vault bandwidth either by saving changes to the schedule or by a new schedule taking effect based on the defined ruleset.
- VMDK exports are supported in VMWare ESXi 6.5.
- Disk replace operation succeeds for unavailable disks that are still online in the OS.
- Updated VirtIO Drivers which provide an enhanced virtualization experience.
- Missing meta files are now automatically recreated by the end of the backup.
- Vault settings are not deleted if in use.
- Provide more information about the used space for snapshots using the new Delta column.
- Automatically disable power management on hard drives before disks are used.
- A kernel patch to address the Meltdown and Spectre Variant 1 vulnerabilities.
- Security enhancements.
- When a MBR snapshot failover VM is rebooted, the system is consistent online.
- Agent incremental backup scheduling gracefully handles invalid scheduling data without crashing the Agent.
- When adding disks to RAID-(1-6), the system handles failed disks while adding storage to the zpool.
- Alerts creation succeeds in case email notification settings are disabled.
- Missing mounted volumes are displayed on reboot.
- Fix for BSOD INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE on WS2008x32 live VM after install Virtio.
- Python library updates prevents intermittent upgrade failures.
- Minor UI fixes.
Optional Action: To receive alerts for future Axcient Service Availability (planned maintenance and unplanned incidents) please subscribe at https://status.axcient.com/ and click the ‘Subscribe to Updates” button in the top right corner of the page.