The Core registry stores all agent server authentication information. If this information is not updated after changing user account credentials, the Agent Service will continue to use outdated authentication information.
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps.
- Open the Core Console.
- Select Protect Machine and choose Typical or Advanced.
- Add the new credentials and server name for the server that you are updating the credentials for.
- Select Keep current settings.
- Click Finish and the new credentials will be applied to the Core registry.
- If you have an encryption key, reassign it prior to forcing a backup on the agent.
Note: Removing an agent from protection and re-adding again in versions 5.3.6 or later will create a new base image for the agent, because on removal the change logs are also deleted.