Staggered Release to Partners beginning November 13, 2018
x360Recover Release Notes for 8.1.1
This is a Hotfix release. The primary purpose of this release is to address several edge-case issues with the Resumable Replication Engine to increase reliability.
Several enhancements were also added to improve telemetry, fix issues preventing upgrades from 7.x to 8.x, and other bug fixes
- Please verify that Enable Auto Update is Enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
- It is also recommended that you Enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our Development team in the event that they need to troubleshoot your upgrade.
- Resumable Replication utilizes a new Vault Transfer Service, VT2, which uses a different network port number. Please adjust the firewall settings for any self hosted vault to allow incoming connections on TCP port 9081.
Summary of bug fixes:
- Bug fixes for Resumable Replication edge cases
- Manage Vault Transfer Server 2 connection limits via Telemetry
- Capture Vault ingestion lag metric in Telemetry
- Fully pre-fetch all necessary packages for Trusty upgrade before starting upgrade
- Bug fixes to email alerting
- Fix issue causing reboot and shutdown to take 5 minutes
- Fixed issue preventing upgrades from 8.0.0 through 8.0.3 to newer versions