Axcient BRC Cloud replication backup jobs are sometimes referred to as “offsites”.
As the name Unbundled Offsite implies, once this feature is enabled, your offsite jobs won't be bundled up together. As soon as each backup job completes, the corresponding cloud replication threads start running.
Why should I use the BRC UBO feature?
- Being “unbundled” allows more up-to-date data and ensures that backups from individual devices automatically replicate to the Axcient Cloud as soon as the local backup for the device completes.
- Individual devices are backed up to the Axcient Cloud independently and less demand is placed on the network.
- Offsite jobs offer better protection and recovery options if they run frequently. Because offsite jobs are incremental (and therefore, smaller than the original job), increasing frequency should not usually present a significant performance issue.
How do I enable the UBO feature?
CAUTION: Please be mindful that enabling or disabling UBO will cancel any currently running offsite thread/s.
- Log in at my.axcient.net , click on the Site tab, then click View Site.
2. From the top left arrow dropdown, click on Services.
3. Click on CONFIGURE SERVICE:
4. Under Cloud Replication Schedule, select the option for Run Cloud Replication ASAP
5. Click Save
If you have questions about this setting or need help, please contact your Partner Success Manager or open a ticket with Axcient Support.