Targeted release beginning January 28, 2019
x360Recover 8.2.0 is a major new Feature Release with many enhancements and improvements. This release contains multiple user-facing improvements, including major updates to the network management system (Networking 2.0), ConnectWise integration and reporting.
- Enable Auto Update should be set to Enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
- It is also recommended that you set Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading to Enabled so that remote access will be available to our support escalation engineers to quickly find and fix any issues that may arise during the upgrade. This will ensure that yourx360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements as quickly as possible, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
Summary of New Features
- NEW! Define a default ConnectWise Policy from a single location (GMP) and inherit across devices. (This feature must be manually turned on for existing devices.)
- All Ticket Classes write updates to the description field instead of updating the subject
- ConnectWise API Enhancements for compatibility with future ConnectWise releases
- NEW! - Backups while virtualized
- Multiple NIC support in Live Mode VM
- Manage Reporting Module Schedules within the GMP
- Support for virtualizing Dell OEM Systems with custom EFI boot loader
- Driver Support for LSI SAS 3 class storage controllers
- Foundational Components for Infinity Cloud (Future Feature)
Summary of Security Fixes
- TLS 1.2 Support (With Agent 2.22+)
- Decommission legacy SSL/TLS Ciphers
Summary of Enhancements
- Changes to migration UI to simplify the migration process
- New Customer Detail Report available in Reporting Engine details hourly breakdown of backups for the last 7 days
- Added SystemID field to GMP Managed Systems page to simplify identification for Remote Assist sessions
- Boot VM Checks will be enabled by default (if supported) for new Protected Systems
Enhancements to telemetry
- Increased maximum possible number of Protected Systems for a single Appliance
- Exposed Boot Menu on Installation ISO and set default option to boot from Local HD
Summary of Bug Fixes
- Fixed rare collision between similar iSCSI GUID's causing some disks to fail to be exported
- Custom Logo in reporting module no longer overwritten with each update
- Fixed issues with SMTP with uncommon authentication protocols
- Fixes to replication service not closing connections properly
- Fixes to Resumable Replication edge cases
- Fixes to Virtualization (Non-bootable disks in some rare cases)
- Fixes to Retention and Jobs cleanup
- Fixed issues with some columns on GMP pages not sorting correctly
- Removed references to Ubuntu Precise (12.04) repositories from APT sources.list
- Fixed issues with Storage Manager showing Used and Unused disk information incorrectly
- Fixed rare issue with orphaned lock file preventing MongoDB from starting at boot
New Feature Details
Ticketing within ConnectWise has largely been rewritten, and ticketing now properly populates the description field, appending data with each transaction, to provide a clear audit trail of each issue being reported.
In addition, the GMP now contains a Policy Settings page, from which you can manage the default ConnectWise authentication and ticketing properties centrally. Once configured (on the GMP) simply select Inherit settings from GMP on each individual Appliance or Vault. It is still necessary to manually specify the Company for ticketing, and the configuration for Billing, as these values will be unique for each device.
Networking has undergone a major update, eliminating Ubuntu Network Manager. Live mode virtual machines now coexist on a shared bridge interface with the Appliance, enabling backups while virtualized to continue automatically. If your Protected System requires multiple network adapters, and additional adapters are physically present on the BDR device, this is now supported on Live Mode VMs.
NOTE: Future support for VLANs and LACP Bonding are on the roadmap for later in 2019.
User configuration of report scheduling is now available on the GMP. Select from a list of available report types (both partner and customer-centric) and schedule them to be delivered to one or more email addresses on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Dell OEM Support
It will now be possible to boot certain newer Dell OEM systems that utilize a customer boot loader on your x360Recover devices. This enables both nightly Boot VM Checks, as well as live and test mode virtualization for disaster recovery.
Driver Support for LSI SAS 3
Driver support for newer LSI SAS 3 HBA and RAID controllers has been added to support new Axcient BDR models.
Infinity Cloud Foundation
Infinity Cloud is a new distributed storage architecture being developed in the Axcient Cloud, for release later this year. This release contains non-user-facing foundational components only. Additional details about Infinity Cloud will be provided with a future release.