iOS App Version:
Week of July 29, 2019
Axcient is pleased to announce x360Sync Synced Tool for iOS v4.7, our latest release of the x360Sync iOS app, which includes important features, improvements, and fixes related to performance and user experience.
Multiple options are available for opening files within an app. Each option supports different use cases. Now you can select an option when opening a specific file, and configure the default for a single tap on that file.
Options to open a file within an app include:
|Web Editor||Provides collaborative online editing||Co-Owner, Collaborator, Editor, Web Editor|
|Web Preview||Allows a quick file preview||All roles except Uploader|
|iOS Viewer||Presents a file in the native iOS viewer||Co-Owner, Collaborator, Editor|
|Other||Displays all built-in viewing options||Co-Owner, Collaborator, Editor|
Open with… menu
With a long tap on a file, you can access the Open with… menu:
Default App settings and Team Share permission roles
Single-tap options for opening files are configured in the Default App settings:
Each option for opening a file requires a different level of Team Share permissions.
When an administrator assigns a Team Share permission role to a user, that assigned role can limit the user's access to options for file opening. (Team Share permissions are detailed here)
The default setting is assigned per device. However, the device user may have subscriptions to multiple Team Shares with different permission roles. With that in mind, to provide the best user experience for the Default App setting, we've provided the following:
- When a user with a Web Editor role selects iOS Viewer or Other as a default, the file will open with a single tap in the Web Editor with the following message:
- When a user with a Viewer role selects Web Editor as the default, the file will open with a single tap in Web Preview with the following message:
- We've improved responsiveness to unstable network connections.
- A Close button has been added to the native Files app login screen. Previously, when a user could not log in to their Synced Tool from the login screen, their login screen effectively blocked the Files app until the device was rebooted. This improvement adds a Close button to the login screen, so a user can unblock the Files app in this situation. For example, if a user is unable to log in because they have forgotten their password, they won't need to restart the device to restore access to the Files app or any other third party app. (This improvement applies to all third party apps which attempt to access a Synced Tool folder.)
- Save to options from Microsoft Outlook are now available.
- A Passcode page now appears when the app is minimized or has been re-opened repeatedly.
- Multiple duplicate download error messages triggered by a failed download attempt have been removed.
- Upon restart, deleted items no longer reappear in Favorites.
- Office 365 apps no longer freeze for Web-Editor, Viewer, Previewer or Uploader subscribers when opening a document within a Team Share.
- Failures when moving items in Favorites or when uploading one file to multiple locations are resolved.
- Duplicate files generated by interrupted camera uploads no longer occur.
- Options to create folders or files in backup areas have been removed.
If you would like to learn more, we invite you to sign up for one-on-one training.
Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have any questions.
For a complete list of Axcient status updates and scheduled maintenance advisories, please bookmark or subscribe to the Axcient Status page.