Fusion 2.7 introduced Debian 9 based AVMs which is a more secure and robust platform. All partners are expected to upgrade their Axcient Virtual Manager (AVM) to Debian 9 by February 12, 2019. Existing Debian 7 based AVMs will continue to function normally, but they will not receive enhancements or feature updates delivered through the 2.7 release or successive releases.
- Each AVM must be upgraded individually; this process does not support simultaneous upgrades.
- Devices protected by the upgraded AVM will not be replicated during the upgrade process.
- Before starting the upgrade process, please ensure you have enough free storage to support another AVM.
- Ensure the host that serves AVM downloads is not overloaded.
Step 1: Prepare for Upgrade
As a first step, you must prepare for the upgrade by saving the state of the current AVM. This can be accomplished from the AVM Details page in the Axcient Web Application.
1. On the AVM Details page, click the Prepare for Upgrade button.Click the Continue button to confirm.
Note: When you initiate this process, any active replication jobs will stop and all protection will remain disabled until a new AVM is successfully deployed.
Step 2: Download the AVM Installer File
1. When the preparation process completes, click the service link to launch the Service Details page, which is where you can access the AVM Download link.
2. In the Service Details page, click the View AVM Download link.
3. In the Download AVM dialog box, click the link to the AVM installer file (OVF file) .
Step 3: Install the AVM
For installation instructions, please reference the Knowledgebase.
Step 4: Enter AVM Credentials
1. When the installation process completes, navigate to the AVM Details page.
In the AVM At a Glance section of the page, click the AVM Credentials link to enter AVM credentials.
2. In the Enter Credentials dialog box, enter credentials for the AVM and then click the Save button.
Important: Remember to delete old AVM once the new one is successfully deployed. Replication schedule will be reinstated automatically after upgrade.
Important: Remember to complete this process for each AVM that requires an upgrade.