Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that enables group conversations.
If you are an x360Cloud partner, you can configure Microsoft Teams to back up group chat history (Teams channel chats) to documents, for quick recovery in the x360Cloud platform.
Note: Only group chat history is backed up by x360Cloud.
Please note the following:
- You must be backing up Office 365 OneDrive and SharePoint.
- The channel folder must be available under the Documents folder within the SharePoint Teams site.
- You must select the users within the chat session for backup.
- We protect Microsoft Teams Private Channels through SharePoint, since they are their own SharePoint Site that we'll automatically discover and add for protection by default.
Create a flow and set a trigger
Please complete the following process for each channel to be backed up.
1. Channel messages will be stored in a subfolder of the channel folder. Create this subfolder now.
2. Select the newly-created folder and click the More icon.
Then, point to Flow and select See Your Flows.
4. Click the New drop-down menu and select the Automated - from blank menu item.
5. In the Build an Automated Flow window, configure general settings for the flow:
- In the Flow name field, enter a name for your flow.
- In the Choose your flow’s trigger field, select When a New channel message is added.
Click the Create button.
6. In the dialog box, define settings for the trigger:
- In the Team drop-down menu, select the team ID.
- In the Channel drop-down menu, select the channel ID.
- Click the New Step button.
7. In the Choose an action section, select Create File (SharePoint).
8. In the Create file dialog box, enter information about the file:
- Click the Site Address drop-down menu and select the site where you created the subfolder.
- In the Folder Path field, enter the Channel name.
- In the File Name field, define a name for the file.
- In the File Content field, define the content for the file.
9. Click the Save button.
Search Group Chat History
To search for group chat history, search for Documents in the x360Cloud Smart Search tool.
You can optionally use the Filter by Collection option to find group chat history within a specific site collection.
For instructions, please reference the Search with x360Cloud Smart Search Knowledgebase article.