When an image job is created, Axcient BRC will enable ‘cache failover’ by default.
This process will cache the data from the current backup, as well as all incremental data changes, allowing for a faster spin up of Test and Failover VMs.
However, because every incremental data change is also cached, space is used. When the retention points are large, the cache failover data is also large. Sometimes, the cache failover doesn’t get cleaned out fully and manual intervention is required to clean up.
The process of clearing out the cached failover is simple:
- Log into the local dashboard.
- Select the job to clear out and click Edit.
- Edit the backup job and disable Cache Failover by unchecking the check box.
- Save the settings.
- Run the backup job once if there’s room.
- If there isn’t enough room to run the backup job, reboot the appliance and the space should be cleared out.