Problem: The user received the following error in the Unified Management Console (UMC).
winexe returned error: Unable to connect to remote host using configured credentials. Errors occurred learning about remote client. Errors occured while setting up the task to run.
Cause: The Axcient appliance is unable to access the target device for replication. This means that the credentials configured in the UMC to allow the Axcient appliance access to the device was entered incorrectly.
Solution: The user must confirm the credentials entered for the target device. The user can test this by logging in to the device itself using the same credentials. To edit the login information for a device, do the following:
- Log in to the UMC of the appliance protecting the target device.
- Click on the Device tab in the top navigation menu.
- In the Devices page, click on the target device.
- Next, click the Edit Device button in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Edit the Administrator username and Administrative password.
- Click Save to commit the changes.
Administrative credentials for the selected device:
If this solution does not resolve the issue, please contact Axcient Support for more help. Sometimes, the cause of this error is due to the customer environment and may require further debugging to resolve.