Problem: Restored PST file cannot be opened in Outlook 2013 because of the following error:
Cause: For whatever reason, the selected file has become corrupt or damaged.
Solution: Take the following steps to repair the damaged file:
NOTE: No data in messages, calendars and other Outlook items will be lost or corrupted during the following steps.
1. Start the tool scanpst.exe. The default tool location is C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\.
2. Click Browse and select the problem file. Click Start and the scanning process will begin.
3. Wait until the scanning process is complete.
4. View the general report. Click Details (1) to view detailed scan report.
Make a backup of the scanned file before repairing.
5. Select a file by clicking Browse or enter the full file path manually.
- Click Repair.6.
- A message appears when the process is complete.
6. Now the file can be opened in Outlook 2013 without any errors.