Problem: The user received the following error message when a replication job failed to start:
Error - fuse: bad mount point `/uptiva/mounts/1/4/e$': No such file or directory main.c(smbcfs_main):866
ERROR: fuse_parse_cmdline\nUnable to mount //<IP Address>/e$ on remote host. Unable to mount //<IP Address>/e$ on remote host. Errors occurred preparing the client machine for impending backup. Errors occurred during task execution.
Cause: The issue is in the way the Axcient OS on the appliance handles networking.
Solution: To temporarily resolve the issue, the user can restart the appliance. This will only resolve the current instance of the error, but does not entirely address the problem. This same error can occur again in the future. This is only recommend
To permanently resolve this issue, the user will need to upgrade to AxOS 6.5.5. In AxOS 6.5.5, this issue has been entirely resolved.
The user can confirm the AxOS version of the appliance in the Account at a Glance section of the Service Details page:
Solution 1: Enable auto-upgrade
The user is able to enable the Auto-Upgrade feature in the Axcient Web Application. This will allow the user to configure when the AxOS of the Axcient appliance will be automatically upgraded. To enable and configure the Auto-Upgrade feature, do the following:
- Log in to the Axcient Web Application.
- Click the Services tab in the top-navigation menu.
- In the Services page, click the target Service.
- In the Service Details page, click the Configure Service button.
- Scroll down to the Software Updates section and click the Edit button. Configure the following:
- Set the Update Automatically field to Enabled.
- In the Schedule Auto-Updates field, select the desired auto update option:
- Run as soon as an update becomes available – The appliance will automatically update once it is free to do so (no replication or restore jobs running).
- Run at a target time – Configure a specific date and time for the appliance to auto-update.
- Click Save to commit the changes.
The appliance will auto-update as per the configured settings.