Targeted release starting May 6, 2020
x360Recvover 10.1.0 is a feature release. The primary focus of this release is to provide limited support for protected systems with Advanced Format (4K) hard drives and to deploy enhancements to assist Axcient support with troubleshooting issues with AutoVerify.
Summary of New Features and Enhancements
- Enable recovery of 4K volumes via iSCSI or Bare-Metal-Restore
- Virtualization of protected systems with 4K volumes within Axcient Continuity Cloud
- Virtualization in live mode on appliances and Private Cloud vaults via manual driver injection
- Exports of 4K volumes to VHDX image using Hyper-V server
- Enhanced logging to support troubleshooting AutoVerify failures
- Optimizations and enhancements to Scale-Out Cloud
- Auto-enable Remote Assist on upgrade now enabled for 7 days. (Previously this was enabled for three days.)
Summary of Bug Fixes
- Use proper timeout value on an appliance when performing network recovery from a vault
- Update auth tokens correctly during long-running network operations
- Fixed cases where a VM running in test mode might have network access to a live environment
- Blocked Ubuntu OS upgrade in specific known cases that could lead to a broken system
- Fixed "USB Migration job cannot be cancelled"
- Job scheduler service respawn on failure was made more resilient
- Fixed issue with black console screen on boot on some systems if installed from ISO
- Fixed pre-load provisioning utility failure when static IP address is assigned
- Fixed storage used by incoming snapshots in Scale-Out Cloud not shown in the Management Portal
- Fixed Storage used by exported disks in Scale-Out Cloud not shown in the Management Portal
- Fixed issue with retention cleanup not being triggered at scheduled times
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the Axcient Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
Support for Advanced Format (4K) Hard Drives
With this release, x360Recover now provides limited support for recovery of data from systems with native 4K block size devices.
Previous releases supported backup of data from these systems but recovery was blocked because the appliance could not correctly render properly aligned virtual 4K disk volumes for recovery. Only mount operations were available for file and folder recovery operations.
With this release, rendering native 4K devices for recovery has been implemented. Protected systems with 4K devices may now be mounted via iSCSI to remote Windows hosts as a native 4K disk LUN for recovery of files and folders with all NTFS permissions intact, as well as recovery to physical or virtual hardware using the Bare Metal Recovery wizard available on the Recovery Tools ISO.
Near-Instant virtualization of protected systems with 4K disks is also supported on Scale Out Cloud vaults via the Axcient Continuity Cloud. (Scale Out Cloud uses iSCSI export to achieve near-instant virtualization and fully supports protected systems with 4K drives.)
Virtualization of protected systems with 4K drives on x360Recover appliances and Private Cloud vaults requires using VirtIO mode and is possible only in Live mode. This requires a manual process to inject VirtIO storage drives into the system image to allow Windows to boot.
Export of protected systems with 4K drive is possible using Hyper-V to convert an attached iSCSI physical disk to a virtual VHDX image.
For complete details on x360Recover support for 4K drives in 10.1.0, see this KB Article.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.