Problem: The user sees the following error when trying to add a device in the Unified Management Console (UMC):
Unable to communicate with address <Host name or IP address>
Cause: This is due to the appliance not being able to communicate with the target device.
Solution: In order to resolve this, please try the following procedures:
1. Make sure to add the domain to the username so that the username is a domain\admin.
2. Run the Windows Configuration Script located in System > Tools within the Axcient UMC Dashboard
3. Ensure Port 445 is opened on the workstation or server. It will be called File/Print Sharing in Windows Firewall.
4. If the device is being added with host name, try using the direct IP address.
5. If this device is a 32 bit OS, please contact Axcient Support.