Problem: The user receives the following or similar error message:
Warning - StdErr - Warning: An AntiVirus or similar Application on this device is preventing Axcient backups from completing.
Cause: This error is caused by the anti-virus software not recognizing the Axcient service.
Because of this, the Axcient service is not given authorization to read the file during replication.
Solution: Please follow the procedures below to resolve the issue:
- Open the preferred anti-virus software running on the device.
- Navigate to the Preferences, Options or Settings screen where the Exclusions section is located. This may vary depending on the anti-virus software used.
- Navigate to the folder exclusion section of the anti-virus software.
- Add a new exclusion rule by navigating to the C:\Axcient folder. This is the folder that must be excluded to avoid any conflicts with the Axcient service and the anti-virus software.
- Additionally, the following .exe files must be explicitly excluded:
- Save any changes where applicable
Additionally, if the file is not important, the user can Exclude the files from the replication job.
However, Axcient strongly recommends making sure that the Axcient service is whitelisted so that future issues do not arise.