In order to deal with permission denied, the server may need to have permissions manually set to the files.
In order to do this, follow these procedures:
1. Go to the path where the files are being denied permission.
2. Type the following command:
3. This will list all the users that have permission to the folder. If the users listed does NOT show the backup user, the backup user does NOT have permissions to the folder
4. To set permissions, input the following command
cacls <directory>/e /c /t /g doman/user:F
5. This will process all the files and grant the user permissions to the folder. Re-run the back up job and the permissions should clear up.
6. If you get this error, go into the folder having permission errors and input the following command
icacls * /T /C /grant domain\user:(oi)(ci)F
7. This will process the files and grant user permissions to the folder. If none of them fail, re-run the back up job and the permissions should clear up.
8. The user has no ownership of the folder. Input the following to take ownership:
takeown /F <directory>
9. After this is done. Try Step 4 again.