For a complete description of the Replibit Anaylsis Tool, requirements to run it and access information, please review this article: Replibit Analysis Tool (RAT)
Why does Support ask for a RAT?
When you open a support ticket for a backup issue, you may be asked to run the Replibit Analysis Tool (RAT).
The RAT collects the Replibit Backup Agent configuration and logs. The RAT also grabs information about Windows (including event logs) and the overall health of the system (including Microsoft VSS) and saves that information for an engineer to review when identifying potential issues.
Run the RAT from the appliance
1. To run the RAT, log into the appliance.
2. First, check Jobs and make sure there are no backups in progress.
3. Then, go to the protected system and under Actions, click on Protected system details.
4. When the protected system details page opens, click on Run Analysis Tool.
5. The RAT option will open in a popup window.
Leave the Support ticket number blank and click Run.
Monitor the RAT in progress
To monitor the RAT in progress, select Jobs and then click on the Agent tab.
Once the job has completed, you will see the completed analysis results in C:\ReplibitAnalysisTool on the protected system itself.
Run the RAT from a protected system if necessary
If access to the appliance is not available, you can run the RAT from the protected system itself.
1. To run the Replibit Analysis Tool, first go to the protected system having the backup issue and open services.msc.
2. Stop the Replibit services.
This will ensure that no backup will attempt to run while the analysis is being executed.
3. Next, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Replibit Directory; C:\Program Files (x86)\Replibit
4. Open the AnalysisTool folder, right click analysistool.exe and select Run as administrator.
The RAT Configuration wizard will open.
5. Select the first option Collect system information for analysis and store results locally and then click Next to continue.
Allow the tool to run.
Please be advised it can take an hour or more for the tool to complete.
6. Once the RAT has completed, click Finish and the results will be saved in the folder C:\ReplibitAnalysisTool.
7. Zip that folder, right click it, and select Send to.
Then select Compressed folder and attach the zipped folder as a reply to the Axcient Support Ticket, which the engineer will download and analyze.
Note: Do not forget to restart the Replibit services in services.msc once the RAT has completed.