x360Sync Thin Client
How to sync files with the Thin Client
When files and folders are added to the web portal, they automatically become viewable on your local machine, inside your Synced Folder.
You can either keep content online to conserve local storage resources, or make files available for offline use.
To upload files in the Thin Client on a Windows machine:
1. On your computer (local machine), open the Thin Client in an Explorer window.
2. By default, files and folders are stored in the cloud.
There will be a cloud icon next to file and folder names:
2. To make content available for offline use, right click a file or folder, point to the x360Sync folder menu item, and select Pin.
3. If you no longer need offline access to your content, right click a file or folder, point to the Synced Folder menu item, and select Unpin.
4. To sync local content to the cloud, drag files or folders into your Synced Folder.
Alternatively, you can create files inside of your Synced Folder, or save files to Synced Folder directly from the application in which you are working (for example, Microsoft Word).
How to use the icons to understand the current status of your files and folders.
For more information on warnings, please reference How to manage preferences with the Thin Client.
The following example displays four types of Thin Client status.
Review the icons to determine the status of each item:
- Company Policies is currently syncing (either uploading or downloading) and is not yet synced
- Resources is unpinned, only available online and not currently available offline
- Sales is cached, fully downloaded, not pinned and synced with the server
- PartnerExperience.docx is pinned, fully downloaded, available offline and synced with the server
Now that you have synced your files to the Thin Client, you can work with the settings available to fine tune your x360Sync experience. Find out about managing your choices here: