When you have an x360Cloud reseller account, you can log in to the x360 portal and create an organization to protect Google Workspace accounts.
- Note: If you need to create an organization for a Microsoft 365 account, please click here:
To log in to your x360Cloud reseller account:
STEP 1: Launch x360Cloud
In the x360 Portal, find the x360Cloud product card and click the Launch link:
STEP 2: Add an organization
If this is the first time you are accessing the x360Cloud Reseller Portal, you will be directed to the Back Up Your First Organization page.
Click the Add Organization button.
Note: If this is not your first organization, click the Add Organization button located at the top of the left-hand navigation bar.
STEP 3: Enter organization information
In the New Organization page, enter all required information about the new organization.
- In the New Organization section, enter descriptive information about the new organization, including:
- In the read-only Parent Organization field, you can view the name of the parent organization under which this new organization will be created. The parent organization is typically the name of your reseller account.
- In the Organization Name field, enter the name of the new organization.
- In the read-only Parent ID field, you can view the ID of the parent organization. The parent organization is typically your reseller account.
- In the General Information section, enter contact details for the new organization, including:
- In the Address field, enter the street number and street name of the new organization
- In the Zip field, enter the zip code of the new organization.
- In the State drop-down menu, select the organization's state.
- In the Country drop-down menu, select the organization's country.
- In the Phone field, enter the phone number of the new organization.
- In the Billing Information section, enter billing details for the new organization, including:
- In the Billing Contact field, enter the contact name for all billing-related communications.
- In the Billing Email field, enter the billing email address.
- In the Billing Phone field, enter the billing phone number.
Click the Submit button when you are finished.
STEP 4: Authorize Google Workspace
On the next page, click the Authorize button.
STEP 5: Select service to be protected
Select Google Workspace (also referred to as G Suite) as the service you wish to protect for this organization:
STEP 6: Sign in to Google Workspace
To install the x360Cloud application, sign in to your Google Workspace account.
In the Email or phone field, enter the email address of a Super Admin associated with this Google Workspace account and click the Next button.
Enter the Google Workspace account password and click Next.
STEP 7: Install the x360Cloud app
1. Click the Domain Install button to begin installing the x360Cloud application.
2. Grant the needed permissions to your Google Workspace data by clicking Continue.
3. Click the check box at the bottom of the page if you agree to the terms of service.
4. Click Next to proceed to two additional steps, to complete the x360Cloud installation:
5. Click Complete additional setup now to continue.
STEP 8: Log in and add the provider
1. Log in to your Google Workspace account by clicking the Signed In link:
2. From the drop down menu, select the organization you wish to add the Google Workspace provider to.
Then click the Add Provider button.
STEP 9: Select services
Click the Select Services button:
In the Select services to be backed up pop-up window, check the services you wish to backup.
Please note: To protect shared drives, the registered Google Workspace admin user must be a manager of the shared drive. When you select a shared drive service to be backed up, the system will automatically add/modify the shared drive member list to include the registered Google Workspace admin user as a manager.
Click the Save button when you have completed your selections.
Finally, on your reseller portal dashboard, go to the Settings page and specify if you want to automatically add all new Google Workspace users (and shared drives).
You can also configure other settings for the new organization on the Settings page, as needed:
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248