If your organization has access to a commercial Microsoft 365 subscription, you can integrate x360Sync with Microsoft 365 apps, allowing users to edit files from within the Web Portal.
To configure this feature, SaaS partners turn on the Microsoft 365 policy in the administrative Web Portal.
However, if you are a Private Cloud partner, you must also request access to the Office Cloud Storage Partner Program so that you can deploy your own Microsoft 365 integration.
|Note: This process can take a month or more to complete. Please plan accordingly.|
This document outlines the following steps:
- STEP 1: Request Access to the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program.
- STEP 2: Update configuration files.
- STEP 3: Validate your integration with Microsoft.
- STEP 4: Roll out your integration to production.
STEP 1: Request access to the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program
As a first step, you need to request access to the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program.
To request access:
1. Navigate to the Office Cloud Storage Partner Program site and click the Join the Program button.
2. Complete the registration form and click the Submit button when you are finished.
This form will initiate the approval process. The approval process can take a week or more to complete.
3. When you are approved for the program, Microsoft will contact you and provide access to the following resources:
- WOPI Yammer group - The WOPI Yammer group is the best way to submit requests, questions, or problems related to your Office Cloud Storage Partner Program membership.
- Web Integration Documentation - This WebHelp file outlines integration information and instructions.
- Shipping Information - This section of the WebHelp file provides instructions for validating and launching your completed web integration
STEP 2: Update configuration files
After you are approved as an Office Cloud Storage Partner, you can use the WOPI protocol to integrate Microsoft 365 with your Private Cloud environment. This integration is already available in the x360Sync installation folder. You simply need to enable this feature through the configuration file (config.py):
1. Open the py file.
2. Update the following settings:
WOPI_ENABLED = True
WOPI_TESTING = True
Update discovery URLs (optional)
As part of onboarding for the Microsoft Cloud Storage Partner Program, Microsoft may provide custom discovery URLs. You'll need to update the configuration if the provided discovery URLs are different from the default URLs listed here:
To update the discovery URLs:
1. Open the "wopi_discovery.py" located at "<install drive>\Anchor Server\web\greensnake\wopi\"
2. Set the value of the TEST_URL and PRODUCTION_URL parameters to the URLs provided by Microsoft.
Please restart Apache to apply the configuration changes.
STEP 3: Validate your integration
Before deploying to production, Microsoft must validate your integration package.
Note: This process can take two weeks or longer. Before starting the launch process, please ensure that you have reviewed all requirements, and that you are ready to provide test accounts and videos.
To validate your integration:
1. Before you begin the validation process, you must set up a test domain for Microsoft validation through Yammer. You can view an example Yammer request in the Yammer group.
2. To prepare for the validation process, you have access to a WOPI Validation application that executes a test suite against a host’s WOPI implementation. The test suite verifies semantics for all the WOPI operations.
3. Create test accounts and videos that will be used by Microsoft for validation during the release process. For a complete list of requirements, please reference Microsoft’s Web Integration Documentation.
4. When you are ready, request Trello access through Yammer. You can view an example Yammer request for reference.
5. When your request has been received, Microsoft will provide a private Trello board to track issues and promote communication between your team and Microsoft. Follow the provided Trello release guide. (This will include setting up and providing an M365-specific subdomain for use by the WOPI protocol).
STEP 4: Deploy to production
When Microsoft has signed off on your integration, you can begin to roll out to your users.
Note: Microsoft might request that you roll out over a period of several days to ensure you do not overload Office for the web or your WOPI servers.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.