September 29, 2020
x360Recover 10.4.0 is a feature release. The primary focus of this release is the implementation of support for Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) backup mode (BETA) for Axcient-hosted vaults.
See also Agent 2.26
Summary of new features and enhancements
- Direct-to-Cloud backups
- Complete x360-style user interface phase 1 (Remaining pages have been updated)
- Unlock vault UI options for administrative user
- Add license auditing information to Management Portal reporting
- Nvme-cli utilities added to backend for the support team
Summary of bug fixes
- Fixed issues with clean-up of snapshots via retention policy
- Fixed issues with correctly identifying protected system vault data in RMC
- Fixed issue with Backup Manager crashing when 0-byte metafiles are present on appliance
- Fixed search by user not working on vault users page
- Fixed sorting snapshots by delta and size not working correctly
- Fixed errors injecting heartbeat service during AutoVerify causing test failures
- Fixed ConnectWise integration crashing when API returns non-ascii characters in the response
Summary of security fixes
- Fixed QEMU security vulnerabilities (USN-4467-1)
- Fixed curl vulnerability (USN-4466-1)
- Fixed Net-SNMP vulnerabilities (USV-4471-1)
This release contains the first production support for Direct-to-Cloud backups (BETA).
Axcient-hosted cloud vaults now have the ability to receive backups directly over the WAN from agents configured in Direct-to-Cloud mode.
For complete details, refer to this knowledgebase article:
x360 UI update
10.4.0 completes the first phase of x360 UI updates:
- We have updated the Jobs page to the new style
- The missing Export buttons options have been fixed
- The vault UI has been updated with new features and enhancements to support Direct-to-Cloud backup mode
- Minor UI-related bug fixes have been applied
Admin features unlocked on vault UI
All features and functions on the vault which were normally hidden from view for the administrative user have now been unlocked.
You no longer need to log in separately as the customer user account to perform recovery actions on the vault. (Customer logins are still supported for multi-tenant self-service recovery options.)
License auditing added to reporting
The health report available on the Management Portal has been enhanced to support license auditing.
For full details on how to audit license use, please read this article.
Each protected system now contains the new column Billing Class which provides the expected billing type for this system. Possible billing class values include:
This protected system is licensed via endpoint licensing and is not replicated to an Axcient-hosted vault. (It may or may not be replicated to a self-hosted vault)
This protected system is licensed via endpoint licensing and is replicated to an Axcient-hosted vault. (It may or may not ALSO be replicated to a self-hosted vault)
This protected system is licensed via storage licensing
This protected system exists.
In addition, a new section has been added to the bottom of the report to display cloud-only protected systems. (In prior releases cloud-only protected systems are not displayed at all.)
Limited data is presently available in the Management Portal pertaining to cloud-only devices, but basic details including name, customer, vault, and storage size are present. Future releases will enhance the available information displayed.
To learn more about x360Recover billing models, please review x360Recover Billing.
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.