[A detailed overview of x360Recover's billing models is available at x360Recover Billing]
With the release of version 10.4.0, the Health Report on the Management Portal has been enhanced to assist with auditing license use of your x360Recover deployment.
Please note that the license use report delivered by the Management Portal is NOT authoritative and is NOT based on the same data as the actual billing process. This report is a best guess, based on the information available to the Management Portal. We expect this report to be reasonably accurate, provided that all of your appliances and vaults have been configured for management by your Management Portal and all of your managed devices are online and reporting their data.
Within the Protected Systems details section for each customer, a new Billing Class column has been added.
For each protected system, the report attempts to predict the billing class that will be assigned to the device on your invoice.
Possible billing class values include:
|Self-hosted||This protected system is licensed via endpoint licensing and is not replicated to an Axcient-hosted vault. (It may or may not be replicated to a self-hosted vault)|
|Bundled||This protected system is licensed via endpoint licensing and IS replicated to an Axcient-hosted vault. (It may or may not ALSO be replicated to a self-hosted vault)|
|Storage||This protected system is licensed via storage licensing. (Vault configuration is irrelevant)|
|Cloud-Only||This protected system exists only on a vault and has no corresponding instance on any appliance configured for management.|
Prior to release 10.4.0, protected systems that existed only on a vault and were no longer present on any managed appliance (cloud-only devices) were completely invisible on the Management Portal. This release provides an enhancement to the Health Report to enumerate cloud-only devices.
At the bottom of the Health Report is a new section detailing Cloud-Only Protected Systems.
Limited data is available within the Management Portal in this release, but the System Name, Vault, and Used space are provided. Future releases will provide additional data about cloud-only devices.
- Note that in this release, no distinction is made between self-hosted and Axcient-hosted vaults for the purposes of identifying cloud-only protected systems.
- Only protected systems stored on Axcient-hosted vaults qualify as billable cloud-only endpoints.
- Protected systems on ALL vaults have been enumerated in this report to provide visibility for auditing purposes.
This new license use report provides granular identification of the expected billing class by matching up the actual protected systems present on appliances with their currently configured replication partnership(s) (if any) with your vault(s).
This provides a detailed one-to-one line item matchup of protected systems between appliances and vaults to calculate the ideal-world case for billing assignment.
- Our billing process collects and collates data from multiple sources and aggregates protected system counts between what is assigned in the License Portal and what exists in our Cloud vaults, to come up with a total sum of devices.
- Total protected systems on Cloud vaults is subtracted from total protected systems allocated in the License Portal. If this number is greater than zero, then an extra cloud-only license count is assessed.
- There is no one-to-one correspondence between specific protected systems on appliances and vaults. This can lead to differences in what is shown on the license use report generated by the Management Portal and what is actually assessed on your Axcient bill.