November 2, 2020: After a successful Early Access program, Axcient x360Recover Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) is now generally available (GA) in production.
For complete details, please see x360Recover - Direct-to-Cloud (D2C)
Features available in D2C BETA [Phase 2]:
- Server protection: Server backups are now supported
Features available in D2C BETA [Phase 1]:
- Workstation protection: Chain-free, image-based backups are sent directly to the Axcient Cloud
- Recovery options:
- File and folder recovery
- Virtual disk export with all major hypervisor disk formats supported
What are the prerequisites for D2C BETA Phase 1 and 2?
- Axcient's x360Recover Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) BETA requires an Axcient-hosted cloud vault to set up Direct-to-Cloud backups.
- Direct-to-Cloud BETA Phases 1 and 2 do not support Direct-to-Cloud backups to a self-hosted private cloud.
- Any x360Recover partner with an Axcient-hosted Scale-Out Cloud vault may deploy agents supporting Direct-to-Cloud backup.
- Once your Axcient-hosted vault has been updated to version 10.4.0 or later (along with Agent 2.26 or newer), it may be enabled for Direct-to-Cloud.
- Customized agents are deployed from the vault pre-configured to support Direct-to-Cloud backups for a specific customer.
- The agent software has been enhanced to include identity management and authentication features enabling it to operate securely in the multi-tenant environment of the vault.
Related Knowledgebase Articles
x360Recover - Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) Installation
x360Recover - Supported Configurations and Solutions
x360Recover - How to Virtualize a Protected System in the Axcient Cloud
x360Recover- Recovering with x360Cloud