October 14, 2020
Authenticating via OAuth tokens
In x360Cloud version 2.6.0, we introduced a new version of the Microsoft 365 connectors which authenticate to Microsoft 365 via OAuth tokens, instead of using the former basic authorization via Microsoft 365 Global Admin credentials.
As of October 14, 2020, x360Cloud no longer supports basic authentication.
This is consistent with Microsoft’s announcement and best practices (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/announcements/exchange-online-basic-auth-deprecated ).
This requires users to grant permissions to the x360Cloud Azure application per Microsoft 365 provider.
Two new filters for the organization Reports page
In version 2.28, we added backup status and troubleshooting details for organization accounts listed in an organization's Reports page, to help you more fully interpret an organization's status.
Now, we are adding two more filters for the list of organization accounts. (These filters can be used for either SharePoint sites or Google Workspace shared drives).
Note: When both new filters are set, the resulting list of user sites or drives will contain items corresponding to the criteria in both filters.
You can now filter the list of organization accounts in the following ways:
- By backup status of a user account, SharePoint site or Google Workspace shared drive. This lets you list all the end users, sites or drives with a particular backup status (or one of several statuses). For example, you can list all accounts with a “Failed backup” or “Partial backup” status in the last report:
- By issue message. Now you can list all accounts, sites or drives where backup is affected by a particular issue. Just start typing part of the issue message encountered in the organization account into the “Filter by issue message” field, and then select that message from the list of suggested options and click Search.
The resulting list will only contain user accounts, sites or drives for which the specified issue is relevant. Then, any recommendations listed in the issue message can be applied to all returned results.
Deleted organization administrative users are tracked in the Audit Logs
To further extend the audit features of x360Cloud, we've added an additional event to be tracked in the Audit Logs: the deletion of an organization administrative user.
After a deletion of an organization administrative user takes place, this event will be reflected in both
- The Audit Logs on the reseller-level Reports page
- The Audit Logs page in the related organization
- Fixes for customer escalations and markup issues
- Fix for inability to filter GDrive files uploaded to GDrive root in the "Filter by collection" (Smart Search)
- Filter by user still displays a partial number of matching objects in the counter after filters are cleared.
- Some issues are not shown in the container-level downloadable backup report and on the Reports page
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248