October 21, 2020
Fusion Cloud release 2.12 is a maintenance release. This release contains bug fixes and a change to the default block size for new namespaces.
- Variable block size for namespaces
- Default namespace block size change from 16K to 128K for more efficient storage of metadata
- Fixed issues with concurrently mounted snapshots on AVM during backups
- Fixed issues with incorrect snapshot tree traversal when 3rd party snapshots are present
- Fixed issues with replication outside of replication hours (at midnight)
- Increased backend timeout period during recovery to prevent unnecessary failures reading many files
Variable block sizes for namespaces
The AVM and backend storage components have been enhanced to support a selectable block size during namespace creation.
This change is intended to allow optimization of metadata storage in the Fusion storage cloud and improve backend operational costs.
New namespaces will now be created using 128K blocks (the previous default was 16K.)