Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) endpoint billing
Billing rates vary for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints, based on whether the system is a workstation or server, and whether the endpoint is located on an Axcient-hosted vault or on a self-hosted vault.
- Direct-to-Cloud endpoints come bundled with unlimited cloud storage.
- Direct to-Cloud endpoints do not contribute to your storage pool allotment and they do not incur billing overages for storage consumption.
Important Note: DO NOT ASSIGN LICENSES IN THE LICENSE PORTAL for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints. Assigning licensing for Direct-to-Cloud devices will result in double billing.
For a complete discussion of all x360Recover billing options, please see the x360Recover - Billing overview.
Deprovision Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) endpoints
Direct-to-Cloud is billed strictly on a per-usage basis.
To deprovision a Direct-to-Cloud endpoint and remove it from billing, perform the following steps:
1. From the protected system, uninstall the agent.
- Open Control Panel -> Programs and Features on the protected system
- Locate the agent and select to uninstall
2. From the vault, delete the protected system
- Login to the vault and navigate to the Protected Systems page from the left menu
- Search or browse the list to locate the endpoint to be removed
- Click the trashcan icon on the right side and confirm that you wish to delete this endpoint
- Verify that the protected system has been removed from the list