When the x360Sync desktop client is not synchronizing as expected, the first step in diagnosis is to gather the logs from the x360Sync desktop client.
This article describes how to gather the logs from a desktop client running on a Windows machine, as well as how to increase the log size on a per-machine basis.
- On the local machine, navigate to the desktop client log directory, which can typically be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\x360Sync\logs.
- As a best practice, copy these files to the desktop or other easily accessible location.
- When the files are finished copying to this new location, generate a zipped folder.
- Deliver this zipped folder to Support (through email, x360Sync share link, or other method).
How to increase the log size on a per-machine basis
C:\Program Files (x86)\x360Sync\conf\svc_logsettings.ini
Increase MaxSize to increase the retention size of logs on a single machine.
FileName="C:/Program Files (x86)/x360Sync/logs/svc_output_%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S_%6N.log"
Target="C:/Program Files (x86)/x360Sync/logs"
Filter="%Severity% > debug or (%Channel% != protocol and %Channel% != rpc_service and %Channel% != overlay_query and %Channel% != overlay_status and %Channel% != policy and %Channel% != adbsession)"
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance
662 | 705